Remnants of palace found in Thai Binh
![]() |
Six holes have been dug at the site, and archaeologists have found various artifacts and decorative patterns dating nearly 800 years. — Photo dantri |
Lo Giang Palace was used under the reigns of Tran Nhan Tong (1278-1293) and Tran Anh Tong (1293-1314), and was also known as Kien Xuong Palace under the reign of Tran Hien Tong (1329-1341).
Six holes have been dug at the site, and archaeologists have found various artifacts and decorative patterns dating nearly 800 years.
![]() |
According to Dai Viet Su Ky Toan Thu (The Complete Annals of Dai Viet) by historian Ngo Si Lien, the palace was home to Queen Kham Tu Bao Thanh, the wife of King Tran Nhan Tong and mother of King Tran Anh Tong, who died there on September 13, 1293.
The palace was also used by King Tran Hien Tong.
Although it is believed to have been an important royal residence, the palace's correct location, appearance and size has remained a mystery until now.
According to researcher Bui Minh Tri, director of the Centre for Researching Royal Citadels, the findings are an important breakthrough to define the correct location of the palace. — VNS